Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Update from last week...

The student who chose not to do her Shakespeare project (very uncharacteristic of this young lady!) came back on Monday, apologized for her abrupt behavior, and asked if she could have another opportunity, which I was pleased to give her. She recited perfectly; it must have been une attaque des nerfs on Friday that got to her.

It makes me feel better that she did come and get her "do-over" of her own volition. I think it's important for me as a teacher to respect the decisions of my students -- there is great learning to be had from unwise choices and none from insulating students from the consequences of their poor decisions -- but it's very difficult to step back and let these precious people suffer the effects of their own choices.

No comments: