Friday, September 01, 2006

Only one week?!

Yes. So far, it's only been One Week since school started. Already I'm needing a three-day weekend (although that might be due to the head cold that reared its head yesterday and is in its full nose-honking glory today).

But this weekend is Dragon*Con, to which we've had tickets since...March. And friends who we seldom see are going to come over from Birmingham for the events.

(Dragon*Con, for the uninitiated, is a four-day-long Nerd Fest of all things cult, sci-fi, fantasy, and strange. I'm going for the young adult literature track and a few things on the Tolkien track; the Star Wars fans at this thing make me look like a dilettante. And for those of you who know my 20+ year enjoyment of Star Wars...that takes some doing.)

It's also the Georgia Tech/Notre Dame game, which is being played at Georgia Tech for the second time since the Great Fish Debacle in 1978. (Tech hosted ND in 1980 for the only tie in the series, for you sports trivia junkies. The score was 3-3.) My parents, along with hordes of other Irish fans, are descending on Atlanta this weekend.

Plus, it's Labor Day weekend, and my in-laws are having a Big Family Cookout on Sunday night.

Somehow, I don't think that rest and recuperation are on the schedule this weekend. *honks nose loudly*

Onward and upward!

No comments: