Saturday, November 25, 2006

That's just how we roll around here

Two days after Thanksgiving, and the Christmas season has officially started.

Or it's open season on Christmas. Pick your favorite.

Today I added one more item to the list of Horrifying Evidence that I Am Indeed Becoming Just Like My Mother: I baked Christmas cookies.

I love baking, actually. The only problem with baking is that it produces baked goods. And the problem with baked goods is that if they're around the house, I'll eat them in quantities larger than what is good for me.

But these cookies are not for me -- they are for Other People. Family and friends. Being the kind and considerate person I am, I even baked light cookies.

The cookie tally currently stands at 4 dozen peppermint double-chocolate chews, 4 dozen almond biscotti, 2 dozen ginger shortbread wedges, and 2 dozen plain shortbread wedges. Still coming: 4 dozen mini chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies, and 5 dozen chocolate chip/mini peanut butter cup cookies.

I'll post the highlights of the ALAN conference later...off to roll more cookies!

No comments: