Sunday, April 01, 2007

Lions and tigers and...parents, oh my

My mom and dad are in town this weekend for a brief visit, so we've been spending Quality Parental Time.

Things for Which I Am Profoundly Grateful:
1. My parents and my in-laws get along well with each other. We all had lunch together today, and it was really fun.

2. My parents respect our space. Seriously, they're good guests, and I gather from some of my friends that parents don't always make good company in their children's homes.

3. That the older I get, the more I truly enjoy spending time with my parents. I don't feel obligated to spend time with them; I look for ways we can get to spend time together, and so do they.

4. My husband is a gracious and generous host. Just the way that things are, his family is all in town, and my family is all out-of-town. Way out of town. So when they do come to visit, they stay with us, which can be pretty intense -- people you don't see very often and then when you do see them, it's a 24-7 sort of visit. And bless his heart, he just rolls with everything and has a good time. He tells me that he enjoys my family. That's true love for you right there.

No comments: